The major annual event is obviously our Christmas Bazaar which is usually held on the last Sunday in November. All the money raised at the Bazaar is distributed to the charities we support; this is done immediately after the Bazaar and before Christmas.
The Bazaar is fun! Worthwhile fun. It is the main event of our fundraising year and we put a lot of effort into making it a success. We work hard and our recompense is being able to make a difference for our charities.
Every year we have the same seven or eight core stalls, and maybe a raffle or children’s game or a competition as an added attraction. Father Christmas visits and invites the children to leave him a “wish list” letter.
For the modest entry fee to the bazaar you can:
- Buy books – Engish and Spanish mainly, fiction and non fiction. Children are catered for, as are collectors and music lovers. (Book Stall)
- Play on the Tombola – there are always lots of splendid prizes. (Tombola Stall)
- Try on that jacket/coat from the nearly new clothes stall or indulge in another pretty scarf. (Nearly New Clothes Stall)
- Look for a treasure on the white elephant stall. It’s amazing what you can find! (White Elephant Stall)
- Find a toy on the toy stall for the child of your heart or if there are no children in your life at the moment, take home a jigsaw for the long winter evenings. (Toy Stall)
- Have a bite to eat and a cup of tea, or a restorative glass of something to help you on your way with all your wonderful bargains. (Bar and Refreshments)
Help is always welcome
Our members put in a lot of work to make sure that the Bazaar will be a great success, but more help is always needed. If anyone feels that they would like to contribute time, effort, donations or space to help make the bazaar a great sucess please contact us as we would be very grateful for any help available. Space is required for the working parties to sort, price, clean and store the books and toys until the day of the Bazaar.
If you would like to volunteer to lend a hand, just contact the Bazaar Coordinators, Barbara Banks or Jenny Jones, on 91 324 9372 or 91 803 5423 respectively or just send us an e-mail or send us the completed contact form
All the proceeds go directly to the charities we support and it is very important to us to be able to continue to do this – that is why we are grateful to everyone for their help, and most of all to our public without whom we couldn’t carry out this beneficial work.
Please see the following links for reports and photos of some of our past Bazaars